4 Things to Get Your Spouse for Christmas
Christmas! It is hard to believe that we are just days away from Christmas! Cookies are made, the kids gifts are bought and the house is ready for good ole’ St. Nick but have you thought about something for your spouse? It seems that the hardest person to buy for is the one you love. I think it is the pressure of getting them the best gift, over a good gift. Right?
With that being said, here is a little list of some thoughtful gifts for your spouse that he or she will love:
- Vinyl for us, maybe you don’t have a record player. We do. It’s glorious! Randomly my husband will send me a YouTube link to a song, normally something along the lines of the Isley Brothers. It’s a sweet way to share a love song. Think about those special songs, and buy the album. Don’t forget to slow down and listen to them together in your home. The music can be magical; you might even dance a little together.
- I asked a few of my favorite married couples for their favorite books that have enriched their marriage, and now I have a list for myself also. It was suggested to me that you “read them together.”
- This Momentary Marriage -John Piper
- The Mingling of Souls -Matt Chandler
- Nightlight –James Dobson
- The Love and Respect Experiment – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- His Needs Her Needs – Willard Harley.
- Five Love Languages – Gary Chapman
- Sacred Marriage – Gary Thomas
- Write a love letter. Recount the year, all you experienced together, and where you are today. Hand written is the only way to go on this one.
- Don’t forget how special the gift of TIME is. If you have kids, call your favorite babysitter, look at your calendar for January 2016 and plan a date, right now! Nothing is better than knowing that your spouse wants to spend a little time with you and you alone. You could go so far to include a gift card for date night plan.